Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The sad facts of Lakeside Campus


Lakeside campus, what do I think of this big, new, shiny building? Hmmm, the first impression of non Taylorian’s are always; “whoaaaaaaaa”. But for me,I go; ‘sigh’. Why do I dread this place? People might think that I’m going crazy for not liking the new campus, but the fact is; the new campus is not a lot of fun to start with. It may look really big and be full of new facilities, but the fact is, it doesn’t have the same feel of LCS campus. Sure, LCS looks small, old and dirty, but the feel of LCS is something the new lakeside campus can never have. I’m sure many of those who just moved from LCS would agree with me. Although I was only there for a mere three weeks, but I really do miss that place. Let me tell you why.

Let me tell you a very sad story. Every morning, I leave the house at 7 am as my class starts at 8am. I don’t know live far from campus as I have the NPE and it only takes me ten minutes max to reach college. I go to LCS to pick Xian Gang up, but that’s not the problem. The problem is; the jam to lakeside!!!! I have no idea what is the problem, you just get stuck there. Even those who are walking are faster than us!!! This is how congested and sad Lakeside Campus is. Oh, to add to the list of sad things, accidents do happen on a regular basis. I’ve seen a Vios get hit by a kelisa and the Vios owner wasn’t too happy to see her right door completely smashed. You don’t see this happening in LCS do you?

Secondly, the food in lakeside campus is really expensive, and the taste is “interesting”. Sure, there are all the local delights, but it just doesn’t taste nice. Take the mixed rice for instance, normally we are the ones who scoop up whatever dish that fancies us, but here, the store attendant does it for you, by doing this, they had just violated one of the “mix rice traditions”!!! Mix rice is meant to be picked and scooped by us!!!!! Besides that, the pricing will really make you scream. A little bit of curry and a few pieces of tofu cost you five ringgit!!! It’s even more expensive than eating outside, technically speaking; it’s more economical if we eat outside rather than in campus. Besides that, there are not many choices to choose from anyways. There’s chicken rice, mixed rice and noodles. That’s it. In LCS, there’s western food, mamak delicacies, Chinese and a lot more, and the stall owners there are really friendly. I shall miss them.

Now, besides the food, the parking here is also a real pain in the behind. Firstly, the amount of cars in Taylors is really mind blowing. The world really has changed, cars have now become a necessity and not a luxury, hence the increasing number of cars on the roads. Secondly, the car parks are just not enough for everyone; as a result, people double park and sometimes even Triple Park!!! If you’re really unlucky, your car might even get scratched and that really ruins your beautiful day. These are all the hazards us Taylor students face on a daily basis and I swear I am not making stories up!!! Although it has never happened to me, but I have tons of friends who has had their cars damaged. I have thought of not driving to campus, but it is really inconvenient for me. Oh well, hopefully the parking woes will be solved soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment