Friday, April 23, 2010

What i did during the holidays pt 2



It’s already Friday afternoon and the holidays are almost coming to an end. The end of the holidays are much dreaded by all students since the invention of school holidays. No more late night hang out sessions, no more waking up at one in the afternoon and no more having fun whenever you want. Worst of all, the deadlines for our assignments are after the holidays. So you can practically figure out the amount of stress and chaos we are going through. Oh well, no pain no gain right? Might as well learn to live with it and sacrifice some of our time and focus on completing and perfecting our assignments. After all, after we graduate from university and become rich and famous, we could do pretty much what we want. That’s what my mom always tells me.

Okay, back to what I did during the holidays. In my previous post, I mentioned about going for lion dance performances. Well, other than dancing on poles for the one week break period, I did do other stuff during my one week off. I don’t like being stuck at home you see, and I surely do not like to sit at home all day and stare at my assignments. The two make a bad combo and will drive you nuts if you know what I mean. So, what I did was called Xian Gang on Wednesday, and we went to Summit together. I picked him up at LCS but he was late as usual. I had to wait for him for almost 20 minutes; I know I have an awesome friend here. So, after he finally arrived, we headed to our designated place. The road to summit was awesomely jammed up as usual, I have no idea why is it always like this. Maybe it was destined to be jammed up just to get us drivers pissed off. Who knows? The sky is blue for some reason and we can’t explain that, or can we?? Oh, I nearly hit a motorcycle on the way, but I didn’t, so everything went on just fine.

So, we reached Summit safe and sound without killing anyone or getting killed in the process. Parked my car and headed up to do some “guy” shopping, I know it sounds gay. (Sorry Mr Winston, please don’t misunderstand) Okay now, back to the story, went up and looked for the shop which sells Zippo lighters. I and Xian Gang had wanted one since forever, but as we reached, the shop was closed. Xian Gang kind of freaked out because there was a sign there and he taught it was a closing notice. It turned out to be a recruitment notice. We decided to have our breakfast first or should I say early brunch?? Anyways, we were looking for a place to have our meal, and Summit isn’t a real fancy place, so the only decent place to have our meal was Old Town White Coffee. (There was actually a lot of other shops to eat at, but we didn’t like them, so yeah) Okay, went to Old Town White Coffee, and ate nasi lemak and drank “cham”. We were actually quite lifeless, we sat there for an hour talking about crap and idling away and practically wasting time. I think the shop owner was kind of pissed off at us, but who cares. Looked at our watches and figured it was time to go get our lighters, and yes!!!! It was open, went in, looked at the lighters on display and had our pick. Then the rest was history, I’m sure you guys don’t want to hear me talking about us paying money, getting it and taking it back home, do you??

Zippo lighter


After getting what we wanted, we suddenly lost our aim and did not know where to go after that, and it was still early!! We actually came to the point where we stood still and desperately thought of a place to go. After many hours of thinking, we finally decided we would just visit See Yuen to annoy her. So we drove all the way down to Puchong to pay her a surprise visit. She was kind of shocked to see us, and didn’t open the gate either, great friend huh?? Well, she opened the gate at last and let us in, she had this really cute toy poodle; I think she named it Pipi if I am not mistaken. Anyways, went out together to Station 1 and had afternoon tea. Fetched See Yuen home around 4 ish and sent Xiang Gang to fitness first at Section 14. Reached home around 5.30, was kind of tired and went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment