Monday, April 26, 2010

Lakeside campus!!!!!

I was away and enjoying myself in dreamland happily counting sheep and drifting around among the clouds, until this annoying ringing comes and spoils everything for me. Damn it!!!! I thought to myself. I woke up and looked at my phone. 6. 30 Am. I reached for my phone to press the snooze button, so I can sleep in for a little while longer. I wasn’t in the mood to get up, it was so darn early!! I haven’t waked up this early in a long time. But I had to avoid the massive jam and not be late for my first day at the new lakeside campus. After 9 minutes, the alarm rings again, no more sleeping or I would be late, so I got up and took my shower and left home before 7am. I promised Xiang Gang I would pick him up at 7.10 at LCS. The journey to campus is ever so stressful, being caught in jams are one of the cons of driving. The road outside LCS is really disappointing, the whole stretch is always jammed up to a standstill, and I do mean a complete STANDSTILL. After getting through the tons of cars in front of me, I finally reached LCS. Poor Xian Gang was there standing with a box of books. (awwww, pity him)


Anyways, picked up Xian Gang and headed to Lakeside Campus. Guess what, lakeside is just as jammed up as LCS. Seriously, I don’t know what is it with the roads being all jammed up, but I just can’t stand it. Okay now, reached the outside of Lakeside campus around 7.20am. By 7.30am, we managed to enter the campus grounds. “Seems like those horror stories about lakeside campus are true”. When I drove in, there were still many empty parking bays. Lucky me I guess.


Lakeside is truly much larger and prettier than LCS, but still, I prefer LCS more compared to Lakeside campus. LCS has that “laid back” feel to it, while Lakeside is much stricter and has more rules. We can’t smoke on campus; have to obey a stricter dress code etc. Anyways, no point complaining over it right? After parking the car, we headed in search of our class. It took us quite a while to find it; the new campus is really big you see.


So, we found our class. But I guess the others weren’t so lucky. As we took our sits, there were only a few of us in the class. Mr Winston had no choice but to start the class and start taking our attendance. Soon, the others arrived. All of them got lost while trying to find the class. After that, it was mass com class. I think there was a mix up in the classes again, another bunch of people actually entered and claimed that they were having a class here. Ms Karmini came and sought things out with management, we were praying that classes would be canceled, but our hopes were let down. Classes commenced as usual. But it ended early, guess it wasn’t too bad after all. After class, me and Xian Gang went over to Sunway for our lunch and did our mass com assignment. Went home around 4.30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment